ACCT 567 Week 8 Final Exam (Keller)
This Tutorial was purchased 18 times & rated A+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- ACCT 567 Week 8 Final Exam.docx
1. (TCO A) On what should the government-wide financial statements report? (Points : 5)
Net position and results of the financial operations of the government as a whole.
The cost of government services
2. (TCO B) According to GASB standards, when should transfers be recognized? (Points : 5)
When collected in cash.
When authorized by the budget ordinance.
In the period the interfund receivable and payable arise.
3. (TCO C) Comparisons of budgeted versus actual revenues and expenditures are a requirement of which of the following situations? (Points : 5)
Required by GAAP for the general fund and major special revenue funds for which an annual budget has been legally adopted.
Required by GAAP for all government fund types.
Required by GAAP for internal management reports only, they are not permitted for external financial reporting.
It is optional under GASB standards for all funds.
4. (TCO D) The revenues account of a government entity is debited when (Points : 5)
the budget is recorded at the beginning of the year.
property taxes are recorded.
the account is closed to fund balance-unassigned at the end of the year.
property taxes are collected.
5. (TCO E) During the year, a wealthy local businessman donated a building to city of Perris. The original cost of the building was $340,000. Accumulated depreciation at the date of the gift amounted to $220,000. The appraised fair market value of the donation at the date of the gift was $525,000 of which $35,000 was the value of the land on which the building was situated. At what amount should the city record this donated property in the governmental activities accounts at the government-wide level? (Points : 5)
6. (TCO E) Which of the following resource inflows would be recorded as a revenue of a debt service fund? (Points : 5)
Receipt of the premium on a new bond issue.
Property taxes levied by the debt service fund for debt service purposes.
Taxes collected by the General Fund and transferred to the debt service fund.
Transfer of the residual equity of a capital projects fund to the debt service fund.
7. (TCO G) Which of the statements concerning agency funds is a true statement? (Points : 5)
Agency funds use the same basis of accounting as permanent funds.
Agency funds are reported only on the statement of fiduciary net position.
Agency funds use the temporary accounts—Additions and Deductions.
Agency funds never receive cash.
8. (TCO J) Which of the following items are typically reported differently between the governmental fund statements and the governmental activities column of the government-wide statements? (Points : 5)
Cash collected on property taxes receivable
Accounts Payable and other accrued expenses
9. (TCO H) A condition whereby the design or operation of a control does not allow management or employees in the normal course of performing their assigned functions, to prevent or detect and correct misstatements on a timely basis is called a(an) (Points : 5)
system design weakness.
unacceptable reportable condition.
audit alert item.
10. (TCO H) Under FASB Standards, how would a not-for-profit organization recognize a conditional pledge? (Points : 5)
It would disclose the amount of the conditional pledge in the notes to the financial statements.
It would debit Pledges Receivable and credit Deferred Contributions.
It would debit Pledges Receivable and credit Contributions—Temporarily Restricted.
It would not recognize the conditional pledge until pledge conditions are substantially met.
11. (TCO I) Which of the following items would not affect the amounts reported in the Revenues and Gains section of the statement of activities for a private college or university? (Points : 5)
Student tuition and fees
Net assets released from restriction
Tuition and fees discounts and allowances
12. (TCO I) The primary source of revenues for most hospitals are (Points : 5)
capitation fees from health maintenance organizations.
exchange transactions, such as fees for services.
nonexchange transactions, such as contributions.
1. (TCOs D, E, F, and G) Please list the name of the fund(s) in which each of the following transactions or events would be recorded
2. (TCO F) The garbage collection of the city of Rockwell could be accounted for through the General Fund, a Special Revenue Fund, or an Enterprise Fund. Please identify the circumstances in which each of these fund types might be appropriate. (Points : 40)
3. (TCO I) During the fiscal year of June 2012, Jefferson General Hospital, a not-for-profit healthcare organization, had the following revenue-related transactions. (The amounts are summarized for the entire year.)
4. (TCO E) Enter the template provided in the answer space and record the following transactions in the Capital Projects Fund in the general journal for the following transactions.
5. (TCO F) The following Statement of Cash Receipts and Disbursements was prepared by the bookkeeper of the City of Glass City Museum of Science. The museum is a component unit of the City of Glass City and must be included in the city’s financial statements. It began operations on January 1, 2012 with no liabilities or commitments and only two assets.
(1) $6,000 in cash and (2) Land that was acquired for $11,000.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
1. (TCO A) On what should the government-wide financial statements report? (Points : 5) Net position and results of the financial operations of the government as a whole. Budgetary Compliance The cost of government services Fiscal accountability 2. (TCO B) According to GASB standard..
Elizabeth College, a small private college, had the following transactions in fiscal year 2011. 1. Billings for tuition and fees totaled $5,600,000. Tuition waivers and scholarships of $61,500 were granted. Students received tuition refunds of $101,670. 2. During the year the college rece..
Quad-States Community Service Agency expended federal awards during the most recent fiscal year in the following amounts for the programs shown: Additional information indicates that Programs 4 and 10 were audited as major programs in each of the two preceding fiscal years, with no audit find..
1. Question : (TCO F) Any activities that produce goods or services to be provided to other departments or other governmental units would be reported in which fund? Enterprise Fund Internal Service Fund Advance Fund Agency Fund 2. Question : (TCO F) Government ..
The county collector of Lincoln County is responsible for collecting all property taxes levied by funds and governments within the boundaries of the county. To reimburse the county for estimated administrative expenses of operating the tax agency fund, the agency fund deducts 1 percent from the c..
Case 8 - 1 a. When was CalPERS established? b. What types of employers contribute to CalPERS?\ c. How many individuals are served by CalPERS? d. How many and what types of funds are administered by CalPERS? e. For the most recent reporting period, what is the value of total fi..
The City of Shipley maintains an Employee Retirement Fund; a single-employer, defined benefit plan that provides annuity and disability benefits. The fund is financed by a process that makes actuarially determined contributions from the city’s General Fund and by contributions that are made by th..
During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, the following transactions (summarized) occurred: 1. Employees were paid $290,000 wages in cash; additional wages of $43,500 were withheld for federal income and social security taxes. The employer’s share of social security taxes amounted to $..
1. (TCOs A and B) Fiduciary funds are to use which of the following measurement and basis of accounting? (Points : 5) Economic resource measurement focus and accrual basis of accounting. Current financial resources measurement focus and accrual basis of accounting. Economic resources meas..
Make all necessary entries in the appropriate governmental fund general journal and the government-wide governmental activities general journal for each of the following transactions entered into by the City of Fordache. 1. The city received a donation of land that is to be used by Parks and ..
ACCT 567 Week 3 Test All Questions and Answers ..
From the textbook, complete the following problems. Problems 3-9 and 4-4, 4-6, 4-10 ..
ACCT567 Case Study I (Week 2) The General Fund of Middleville has presented you with the following trial balance as of June 30, 2011. Debits Credits Cash $ 40,000 Taxes Receivable- Delinquent 142,000 Estimated Uncollectible Taxes- Delinquent 9,100 Interest and Penalties Re..
From the textbook, complete the following problems. Chapter 1: Exercise 1–3 Chapter 2: Exercises 2–3 and 2–5 ..
ACCT 567 Week 1 Exercises ACCT 567 Week 2 Case Study I ACCT 567 Week 2 Problems 3-9 and 4-4, 4-6, 4-10 ACCT 567 Week 3 Problems 5-3 and 6-5 ACCT 567 Week 4 Midterm Exam ACCT 567 Week 4 Problems 7-3 and 7-8 ACCT 567 Week 5 Case Study City of Shipley ACCT 567 Week 5 Home..